- 11/01/2023Reckon your loaf is a crust above the rest? Enter Britain's Best Loaf 2023
Taking place on Tuesday 25th April, the competition offers bakers the chance to pit their loaves against the finest Britain has to offer.
- 15/11/2022BAKO has launched a new selection of Sourdough Breads, as part of its BAKO Select ‘Finish’ range, to help bakers meet increased consumer demand for this increasingly popular bake.
- 29/06/2022We have recently completed a process that sees the operations of our three regional trading divisions consolidated into one to better reflect the company’s national footprint.
- 23/05/2022Earlier this year, the Scottish Bakers Awards kicked off with a competition between up-and-coming City of Glasgow final year bakery students. They went head-to-head at Trades Hall in Glasgow, aiming to create “Scotland on a Cake”. As part of our lead sponsorship of the Awards, all the entrants received an experience day at The BAKOry, our Development Centre located on our Preston Site.
- 07/02/2022BAKO are delighted to be one of event sponsors of the 2022 Britain's Best Loaf Competition. Entries for this year's competition are now open!
- 03/11/2021BAKO Group Ltd has increased its sponsorship of the Craft Bakers Association (CBA) while also stepping up its efforts to help increase the association’s membership.
- 11/10/2021Congratulations to Liverpool Chef Lee Caffery who recently claimed 'Best Newcomer' at The British Pie Awards, plus a total of 8 awards back to Merseyside.
- 06/09/2021BAKO has launched an online portal to allow customers to check for common allergens in the products it distributes.
- 23/08/2021BAKO has finalised a deal with food waste fighting app Too Good to Go which will provide free sign-up for all BAKO customers, with BAKO also donating £25 for every sign-up to food redistribution charity FareShare.
- 14/04/2021BAKO Northern & Scotland has announced the retirement of two of its Area Sales Managers, Gordon Donnison and Kevin Drewery, after long careers in the baking industry.
- 13/07/2020We are pleased to announce BAKO North Western Group has appointed David Armstrong as Group Commercial Director.
- 02/07/2020We are pleased to announce BAKO North Western in Preston, Lancashire have appointed Ian York as Managing Director. Ian is a highly qualified Director, bringing with him over 25 years’ first-hand experience of sales, marketing and operations in the food industry.
- 19/06/2020BAKO South Eastern recently organised a series of online customer forums to connect with customers currently looking to re-open their Business.
- 18/05/2020BAKO North Western Group has launched a new website to help independent bakers grow their sales by selling online through COVID-19 and beyond.
- 12/05/2020In response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, BAKO North Western Group recently conducted a Survey to identify the biggest issues currently faced by UK Bakers.
- 30/04/2020Earlier this month we wanted to drop off a few supplies to our hardworking colleagues at Fleetwood NHS Walk-in Centre, Royal Preston and Chorley & South Ribble Hospital.
- 16/03/2020We were very pleased to be one of the sponsors of the National Bakery Awards 2020. The Awards in their second year, took place in London on the 11th March and were open to all Bakeries within the UK to enter.
- 03/03/2020BAKO Shareholder Invitation - Exclusively for Bakers / Confectioners
- 10/02/2020The 22nd February through to the 1st March 2020 signifies a time to celebrate all things artisan and the creation of additive-free loaves of real bread.The aim of the week is simple, to encourage people to buy bread from local independent bakeries (look out for those with the loaf mark). Alternatively, the week also encourages consumers to make their own bread based foods and understand what's in the food they eat.
By organizing and attending industry events, we like to share the most recent developments and opportunities related to integrated e-commerce. During these events you will get new ideas and meet experts in the industry who can talk about the opportunities and challenges of e-commerce. For an overview of the events, go to our website.
Sana texts and navigation trees will by default inherit from the default language. When installing a language pack there is no need any more to copy Sana texts and navigation trees from the default language to the installed language. With this improvement you can get online with a new language within seconds.